Subject: [Leica] re: e-Bay Self Promotion
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:06:05 -0800 (PST)

I agree in that I feel it's a little smarmy to post something as for sale
while it's really being auctioned off on Ebay.

What I've done in the past when I had equipment to sell is to give the
list that was appropriate a prior notice:

"I have a whatchmacallit for sale which will be posted to Ebay next
Tuesday. I'm offering it to youse guys who are my good buds here
at the bargain price of XX samolians. If anyone's interested, contact me
directly and we'll work it out."

Everything I've sold in the past year has sold that way ... after that,
I'd post a note to the list on Tuesday just apprising everyone:

"Hey, that whatchamacallit that no one wanted last week is now on Ebay at
<http://some.gobbledygook.com/>. If you become interested, check it out.

I think that covers any kind of sale with some degree of courtesy.

Godfrey