Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing at infinity
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:12:50 -0800

"Dale R. Reed" wrote:

> How many of you LUGers have focused(with the rangefinder) your M6s on a
> target 10 feet from away then read the resulting lens scale reading?
>
> And those of you that did do this test, how many found the rangefinder
> inaccurate that you had it corrected by a camera technician?
>
> I just did the test on my two M6s with similar results on both of them.  The
> wider(21mm and 35mm) lens measured OK at 10 feet but the 50mm lens measured
> 11 feet, the 90mm lens measured 12 feet and the 135mm lens measured 13 feet.>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Dale,

In relation to the above may I ask: When you focus with any of these
lenses are the images sharply in focus?  And if the answer is always
yes, then why wonder, worry and concern yourself where the markings are
on the lens barrel? :)

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I just can't see what the heck
difference it makes one way or the other, as long as the range finder
puts you right on the mark when you focus.  Curious?

ted