Subject: Re: [Leica] $5,555 for a Lens Hood ??
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 06:25:26 +0000

>RP Johnson wrote:
>It is possible that since, as Stephen points out, this item is so rare that
>if you were a collector assembling a collection of Nikon rangefinder
>equipment, the increase in the value of the "completed" collection dwarfs
>the cost of acquiring the "last piece" to make the collection complete.  In
>this situation, the price that would be paid for the completing piece is
>hard to determine.

Maybe the combo cost goes like this:
Antique camera - $1950
Antique lens - $1850
Antique neverready case - $500
Antique box - $200
Antique filter - $399.95
Antique (must have) hood - $5555+

Also be prepared for a glut of forgeries which will flood the collectors
market
after some shrewed back street merchant finds out how much some people are
prepared to bid for an item which costs only about $6.99 to make.

Dan K.