Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: concert shooting
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:33:38 -0000

Ditto. Perhaps I'm being self-serving, but it strikes me that photographing
during a concert, even if one intends to sell the photos, and recording for
the purposes of pirating, are not even related "crimes." Images of an artist
help the artist by raising public awareness of the artist. Selling the audio
output of the artist, however, obviously harms the artist because he or she
eats by selling video output.

B. D.

P.S. Yes, I know, artists get royalties from posters, t-shirts, etc.,
bearing their likenesses. But we're still talking about proverbial apples
and oranges here....