Subject: [Leica] Helia/Russar [was Almost Ready to Take the Plunge]
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:37:56 -0500

There appears to be extraordinary variability in Russar quality.  As I
mentioned, I believe that I got one of the good ones.  No way would I
describe its wide-open performance as "really terrible."  If you had a bad
one, then the Heliar will look a lot better . . .

Chandos

>I just sold mine. I was happy to see it go. It was terrible wide open,
>really terrible. I've shot some frames with Mike Stone's 15 which I haven't
>had a chance to develop yet, but I'll make a comparison when I do.
>
>--
>Johnny Deadman
>
>photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
>music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown