Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: concert shooting (was Leica Camera-Handling)
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:21:01 -0800

> - Does Charlie Parker's estate or his descendants(if he has any) profit from
> these illegal recordings? Is this going to ultimately become a "the ends
> justify the means discussion", which is what it seems you are advocating.

Hi Mark and everyone!

     That was half an century ago.  Tape recording 'live' was a brand
new technic.  One guy was able to set up the machine in the men's room and
run the wire for the mike to the stage.  I think it was another fella,
Italian, who idolized Bird and followed him around with a wire recorder
(pre-tape days).  The double album I'm thinking of, the taper ecorder in
the men's room is called "A Night at Birdland", a great item as Charlie
Parker is able to stretch out on some solos for 3 or 4 minutes, something
that wasn't possible in the studio (about 1950).

     Nowadays....oh well! (Drifting off topic)

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net