Subject: [Leica] Why I Love Kindermann Blues: Take 2
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:34:25 -0700

If you remember my previous posting about my M winder troubles, you know
that I sent my camera into Kindermann to be checked out. I sent it on Monday
though my local dealer and asked them to overnight it at my expense. On
Wednesday Gerry, the head tech, called me at home to discuss the problem
saying he had it two days already and had been testing on their winder etc.
It arrived back today (Wednesday again) with NO CHARGE! I had to throw a
hissy fit to get them to at least charge for the outbound freight. So for
the following:

1- Overnight air to Ontario
2- At least several hours of Gerry's time
3- One long distance phone call
4- Shipping back from Ontario

I am paying $14US.

John Collier

For those of you who do not know, Kindermann is no longer the Leica
distributor for Canada as of April 1, 2000. Which is why I am choked to be
losing such good service.