Subject: [Leica] Re: tele-elmarit 90
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:32:48 -0400

I've heard several explanations of the rear element problem. My personal
experience is that two have gone "bad" for me. I will not buy another
despite the size and weight advantages.

Ken Wilcox

At 11:46 AM -0600 3/15/0, Howard Davis wrote:
>I recently had my eye on a thin version of the tele-elmarit 90. To me its
>tiny size seems a perfect realization for the original concept of the leica
>as miniature photography. Why was this lens discontinued in favor of the
>much larger 90s? I have read that this particular lens is often attacked by
>fungus that does irreversible damage to the rear element. Is this the reason
>this lens is no longer in production? Should I not buy this lens? Or if I
>should, what is a reasonable price to pay for a tele-elmarit 90?
>Howard

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>