Subject: [Leica] Re: LTM lenses with character
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:03:47 -0500 (EST)

Well, after all those congratulations, I'm afraid I returned the
M3.  Tamarkin looked at it, determined that I'd paid $300 too much for it,
and that the back had been recovered.  (I don't mind a user camera, but I
hate touch-up jobs).  Sigh.

Some day I'll own an M3.

*However*...  I picked up a nice Canon 7 to cheer myself up.  The meter is
dead, but the shutter is in nice shape, and accurate.  Now I have to buy
some LTM lenses, I guess.  (No flash shoe for the Heliar finder.)  So what
do you all suggest?  I'm looking for a lens with personality, like my old
Rollei Xenar; sharpness is a secondary consideration.  Is the chrome 90/4
Elmar a dog?  (Sure looks nice on this camera.)

Douglas Cooper