Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 as jewelry
From: RGKEG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:39:18 EST

In a message dated 3/14/00 4:59:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
upstream1@mindspring.com writes:

<< Why do you prefer the M3 to the M6?
 Al Stegmeyer >>

I just got the M3 and have only put a few rolls through it....but so far I
like the feel better than the M6, the clean lines focusing a 50mm, and easier
with the 90.  The 3 feels smoother, and, I hate to say, using the meter on
the 6 is kind of a pain.  I don't find the loading to be that much of a
setback.

That said, I like the 6 better with the 35 and wider.  I have the .72.

I shoot mostly black and white and when I was learning I had a Pentax (no
meter), and a Zorki 4. (no meter), so I don't miss it that much.

If I had to choose, I'm not certain I would choose the M3, but the camera
just feels better to me.

                             Ron Kutak