Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V16 #34
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:51:39 -0000

From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net> wrote:

>I'm interested in hearing comments about either of the old Summaron-M
lenses, either the f/2.8 or the f/3.5, either M-mount or screwmount.

You're talking about the rangefinder lens I use most often - a
screw-mount 35mm f2.8 Summaron. It's the focal length I find most
useful for general photography, and I've never had any problems with
image quality when using it on the IIIg or M2. However I have found it
very prone to flare when used on the M6. I'll pass that particular
mystery to Solms next time I'm over there.

Regards,

Doug Richardson