Subject: [Leica] My First Leica and other stuff
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:33:21 -0800

Hi!

     I bought my first Leica in '68, a IIIa with an uncoated Summar f/2
lens for $45 from a big city STORE.......well, I guess nobody wanted
those little screw mount cameras with uncoated lenses back then.....
I picked up a little Durst 35mm enlarger for $15 without a lens and used
the Summar to enlarger.  Not the high tech solution, but printings an ART.
Worked great up to about 5x7 inch size for b&w.

    Later, I bought a SPEED lens for the IIIa, the Canon 0.95 which covers
close to half the viewfinder, though the rangefinder worked ok.  I also
had a Nikkor 25mm/4 for the IIIa.  The round viewfinder was very comfortable
to hold for vertical shots and the package tiny, pocket size.  Also, a small
Elmar 90/4.

    I had an M4-2 with a Summicron f/2 for a while and also an M3 with
an Elmar 2.8.  I don't OWN a Leica presently.  I'd like to get another
M3 with the 50/2.8 Elmar again.  When I've saved up, I'll ask the list,
but, it's going to be a few moons from now, so please, no tempting offers!

   I get a little pissed at the peeing contests on this list and elsewhere,
but overall this list is useful and fun.  Geez, hope my language doesn't
offend anyone!

				Cheers,

						Rich Lahrson
						tripspud@wenet.net