Subject: [Leica] An Introduction, Engraving and LHSA event in DC
From: Eleifert@worldbank.org
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:31:12 -0500

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Eric Leifert, I've been lurking on
the LUG since last October when I bought a new chrome M6 and used 50 Summicron.
Prior to that I didn't know what DOF meant or who HCB was, I didn't know what
the f in f-stop meant.  Since then, I've been spending quite a bit of time
taking pictures, learning about photography and using road trips to NYC with my
band as prime photo oppurtunities.  I have always taken pictures though, I used
to walk around the city with my olympus XA that my dad gave me or an older
olympus point &  shoot taking pictures of people, or going out to lunch during
work and brining my camera along - taking pictures of car accidents and stuff,
but I was never conscious of being a "photographer", It was just something I
did.

Anyway now that I'm conscious of photography, my standards have gone way up,
partly due to the terrific websites I've seen:
Hans Pahlen: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/photo.htm
James Fassinger:  http://www.stillscenes.com/Bio.html
Johnny Deadman:  http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/

.... and many, many others.

I've put a few photographs on a website I just created this evening to coincide
with my introduction.  http://www.redvelvet.net/el/

Someone recently asked about engraving the bottom plate of their M6.  I just got
mine back from the jewelers, I had this done and it looks great.   You can see a
picture of it on my new website as well:  http://www.redvelvet.net/el/

The LHSA event in Washington, D.C. will coincide with the Mobilization for
Global Justice, non-violent rally outside the World Bank and IMF, April 16-17.
These are the same people who disrupted the World Trade Organization Meetings.
So when you get tired of photographing the boring Washington Monument, come over
to 18th and Pennsylvania Avenue and get some pictures of some real action.  See
their website:  http://www.a16.org/

By the way, Ken Hansen in New York is a must see store!  Everything Leica and in
stock!

Eric Leifert
www.congregationdc.com
www.bossalingo.com