Subject: [Leica] 21 R f/4 Super-Angulon-R vs. 19 f/2.8 Elmarit-R--Would I see difference in color prints
From: "Martin H. Krieger" <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:01:14 -0800

For those who have had some actual experience with these lenses, I would
appreciate hearing whether I should see much of a difference, especially in
contrast, between the 21 f/4 Super-Angulon-R and the 19 f/2.8 Elmarit (both
earlier, and more recent versions) in a very insenstive test:  ordinary
4x6" prints made from a color negative film.  I know there have been many
improvements over the years in the wide-angle realm.  But, again, I am
asking not for lens testing results so much as this sort of send it off to
the photofinisher and get it back in a day or two results.

Martin K.