Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinion on HP Scanner
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:59:27 +0100

Les,

It is not the resolution that is the crucial difference between a $500 and
$1500 scanner. The Nikon LS-2000 has a resolution of 2700 dpi, which is only
slightly more than the HP. But it has a dynamic range of 3.6 vs. 3.0 for the
HP. That is what makes a big difference when scanning slides.

Nathan

Les Bonser wrote, in part:

> But...I am only scanning my negatives and slides for presentation on my web
> page, so 2400 dpi is fine for me for now. In the future, I'll probably
> upgrade to something else.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman