Subject: [Leica] On Apples, steroes, and other obsessive things
From: "Les Bonser" <lbonser@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:54:54 -0800

> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:53:55 +0000
> From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] for sale as a result of our studio going digital
>
> Well, after this thread I would venture to say we are them, or at least a
> significant number of us are Leicaphiles, and audiophiles.  Seems there
are
> many parallels between the two different passions.  I would also venture
> guess we are also quite heavy into computer things. Being cult types I
Would
> further posit that there is a much higher percentage of Apple users in our
LUG
> than in the general computer using public. After all, the FBI probably has
> Leica User Group on their secret list of obsessive cut religions right
along
> with a
> Apple deciples and golden eared Krell users.
>
> To test my theory how many of you use Apple computers? This is an informal
and
> frivolous survey, but well--.  I am betting 30-40% or more of us use Apple
computers.
> John Shick

1. Don't own any stero equipment, high-end or low-end. Just not an
audio-sort of person. I listen to NPR on my car radio and have my clock
radio set to buzz for the alarm. My TV is a little Daewoo portable...bought
it for about $130; so I'm not much of a videophile either....

2. Owned various Macintoshs for years...SE30, then a Classic, then a
Performa 470, then a Performa 630. About a year ago, I switched over to the
dark side and bought an HP Pavillion PC. First thing I did was bought a
second hard drive and put BeOS on the other drive. I will admit though, for
most of my e-mail and newsgroup stuff, I just stay in Windoze...I have to
use it at work and I'm just lazy enough to let the damn thing boot to it's
default OS.

3. I do have toy poodles. They're obsessive enough...poodles and
particularly toys seem to be the type of dog you either love or hate, not
many people seem to stand in the middle ground.

4. I've got one friend that's into sports cars and another that's into
shotguns. Believe me, this obsessive behavior about what's best and why
certain things (be it lens, CPUs, stero cables, car wheels, or shotgun
stocks) are worth any price is universal!

Les

PS: Oh, the obligatory Leica stuff: I own an M6, a Summicron, and a Minilux.

Check out my web site at http://home.att.net/~lbonser
Home of the PhotoDog!