Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: The Galapagos Islands
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:17:08 -0500

> stumbling oafs porting
> Hasselblads.

I am willing to bet a dollar and a donut I have traveled equally as
difficult a place with my Hasselblad as most have traveled with their
Leica...I have not stumbled, nor am I an oaf.  In fact, the pictures were
superb, and I would not have trusted them to any other camera....  It
depends on how adept you are at carrying it...and that would hold true with
a Leica.

I weighed my 2003FC/W, PME3 finder, 110/2 lense and winder, and it was only
about %20 heavier than my M6 with 75/1.4, and NO winder....  So, despite
the smaller volume the Leica occupies, it isn't really that much lighter
than a comparably equipped Hasselblad...

Oh yeah, and have any Leicas ever been to the moon?  Harrumph.......