Subject: Re: [Leica] for sale as a result of our studio going digital
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 01:00:55 EST

In a message dated 3/10/2000 11:46:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< Times change! Hope I/we can deal with it! >>
You know, Mark, high-end audio went through the same kind of "digital and
solid state revolution" some years ago. However, the leading edge of upper
end audio is now back to tubes and some analogue. The analogy is not
completely congruent, but I think the continuity and subtlety of silver
images will prevail for the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, snapshots on the
new high count pixel cameras look pretty good until you compare them to a
silver image. Even then, the noncritical viewer       ( most people) will say
that if there is a difference it does not matter to them.

I do fear for the longer future, though - maybe it doesn't matter? Enough
pixels may do it.

Bob Figlio