Subject: [Leica] Leica Photographic Expedition
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:21:13 -0800

Keeble & Shuchat Photography and  Leica
Photographic Expedition to Durango,
Colorado

June 20-25, 2000

Keeble & Shuchat Photography is excited to offer a photographic
expedition to Southwestern Colorado featuring Durango, Silverton,
Telluride and Mesa Verde.

Our itinerary includes a half day excursion on the Durango &
Silverton narrow gauge railroad. A half day trip to the ghost town in
Animas Forks. A one day trip to Mesa Verde. The remaining two
days exploring the outlying areas of Silverton including Ouray and
Telluride.

Our railroad trip to Silverton will wind its way through the rugged
San Juan Mountains using the same tracks that miners used to extract
over $300 million of silver and gold. While the railroad has a history
spanning 118 years, the new version of the locomotive is 75 years old
and is maintained in its original condition. We will use the same coal
fired, steam-powered locomotive to take us through this breathtaking
wilderness to photograph the majestic scenes of the San Juan
Mountains.

Mesa Verde was discovered in 1888 by area cattle ranchers. What
they found was once the home to over 4,000 Ancient Pueblo people.
These people lived on the lush plateaus between 600 and 1300AD.
They  built stone villages on mesa tops and constructed massive cliff
dwellings in the steep canyon walls. Today we can explore to
mysteries and photograph the beauty of this area.

We will spend two days  exploring the scenic backroads of the
nearby towns Ouray and Telluride. The quaint town of Ouray is
noted for its 1890’s Victorian architecture,  waterfalls and year round
natural hot springs. Telluride, which is hidden in a box canyon
surrounded by 14,000 feet peaks of the San Juan Mountains.

Transportation to and from shooting locations will be conducted by a
local four wheel drive adventure company. Their knowledgeable,
professional drivers will take us to the best locations and offer insight
into the areas we will be photographing.

Leica Camera will also graciously supply us with a selection of Leica
cameras and lenses. This equipment will be available for your use
and is a great opportunity to try out that new lens or camera body
you've been thinking about.

Pricing includes accommodations for five nights at the Durango
Holiday Inn, jeep travel to and from our shooting locations,
continental breakfast, four lunches and a group dinner for $1199 per
person. All other meals and transportation to Durango Holiday Inn
are not included. A 50% deposit will reserve  your space with final
payment due by May 20, 2000.

Call Jeff Alford or John Clifton at Keeble and Shuchat Photography.
phone (650) 327-8996  fax (650) 327-6231
Email:  jalford@kspphoto.com