Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Bitter pill, very long rebuttal-Not!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:56:26 -0500

I have to echo Jim here in that I am very disappointed in the way things
have turned out.
I for one admire both Mark, for all the things I've learned, his humour, and
his posts in general. Mike, I don't know so well, but from here, he seems
like and interesting guy, and if he took the 'Long Hard Road', then my hat
is off to him as well.
I know that all my firends will never like each other, other value each
others' opinions as much as I might, but I like to think we can avoid
'pissing contests' that do little more than hurt people we probably have
never met in person, nor may never meet. I still like to think that civil
discourse will prevail!
So, he doesn't own a Leica... Mike, after that disconcerting story about the
responsibility you chose to take- Hell, I was ready to send you my IIIa, and
tell you that you were at least a 'Leica Owner'!
I don't recall anyone bbeating up Brian when he didn't have a Leica.... we
all pulled together and made his Leica a possibility, and a reality. It is
still something I feel good about helping to do. Brian had, and still
continues to contribute in an enormous way.
I am sure that if we get used to Mike's 'style?' then we may begin to gain
from his experience as an editor of a fine publication.
Dan