Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Walker Evans, or Bigger IS Better
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:04:45 -0500

Its funny how some medium formats are called "ideal format".  eg. 6x7 etc.
The only thing that makes them ideal is that you don't throw away any part
of the arbitrary 8X10 or 16x20 paper.  I personally like a longer image and
I also like, just for my own satisfaction, to print pretty much the full
frame of my Leica negatives.  After all the M4 is precice enough to give me
what I saw in the viewfinder why not print all of it?

I currently lop off an inch from the bottom of the 8x10 sheet and use that
for test strips.  With a 1/2 inch border the resulting 6x9 images frame
nicely in 9x12 frames.  Hard to find those frames though.

Mike Durling
KD4KWB
http://www.widomaker.com/~durling/