Subject: [Leica] color heliar + 75 vf = parallax?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:17:35 -0800

>Since the 50 and 90 frames are parallax corrected on the IIIg, You should be
>able to check the parallax easier than with any other screwmount by simply
>framing your shot through the 75 viewfinder, then go back to the camera's
>viewfinder & make sure you're centered. I would think the view for 75 would
>be pretty easy to imagine between the 50 & 90 framelines on the IIIG.

greg (you sly devil),

i hadn't thought of that! i guess i had the non-floating, transparent,
parallactically incorrect frame of the iiif in mind when i responded. (with
all those features, these cameras should cost even more!)

that said, while this operation might be easier on a iiig than on
preceeding ltm's, i think it would be tricky to reframe *after* checking to
see if you're centered through the internal vf. might be easier just to
'guestimate' framing through the external vf until you get used to the
difference.

guy