Subject: [Leica] Re: Re:50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:45:19 -0800

Henning,

>>You must have looked at the large version of the Nokton <g>. Mine is
smaller than the Summilux. Maybe you looked at one with the hood and
lenscap on. The lenscap fits over the hood, and _that_ combo looks larger.
<<

You may be right about that. It was several days ago that I looked at the
Nokton. It appeared to be larger than my 50 Summilux. My Summilux does not
have a built in hood, and it's a bit smaller than the version with built in
hood. Certainly, given the price, the Nokton looks like a nice lens.

I believe you have a 15 Heliar, as well. Do you use it on an M with a BM to
LTM adaptor, or do you use an LTM body? And if you use an adaptor does the
Heliar screw down enough that the top of the lens -- as marked by the
aperture dot -- is exactly vertical? Fully tightened my Heliar is about
about one-eight inch from top dead center. I have an old BM to LTM adaptor.
It's for 50 but it works for the Heliar, as well. The Heliar obviously
doesn't use framelines in the viewfinder.

With any lens other than the Heliar I wouldn't even be concerned. But the
Heliar lens shade (if you can call it that) isn't square with the body
unless the aperture dot is exactly vertical. It probably doesn't hurt
anything, but I'm just curious.

The Heliar is the only Voigtlander lens I've used.

David