Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:50mm f1.5 Nokton question
From: "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:11:43 -0500

Guy Bennett wrote:

> >I looked at the Nokton. I haven't used one yet. I was intrigued by the fact
> >that it's (significantly) bigger than my 50/1.4 Summilux M, but it weighs
> >about the same as my 50/2 DR Summicron. I'm a fan of small lenses. In fact,
> >that 25 Skopar looks interesting just because it's so small. Somebody wore
> >their thinking cap when they designed that lens, and the 15 Heliar. I
> >wonder if they're ever going to be make either in Leica BM.
> >
> >David.
>

> are any of you luggers using the nokton or color heliar on a sm body? how
> do they feel? while i'm sure they perform well, i'd like to know a little
> about the ergonomics of those monsters when they're screwed into a barnack
> body.
>
> guy

I've been using a Nokton on a IIIG with print film as well as the 75mm
Color-Heliar.  I printed some negs I took of my Grandaughter and was delighted
with the results.  Central sharpeness was outstanding; I took the pics mostly at
wide open stops so I didn't even look at the edges.  The lens "felt" comfortable
on the camera and I couldn't be happier with the results.  Ed Kowaleski