Subject: [Leica] Will your next Leica camera be a FUJI
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 03:29:58 -0500

 Bill wrote:
>As we all know, Leica has three main problems:
>
>1)  They need to modernize the M6 with auto exposure, DX film coding,
>etc. and have it ready for Photokina this year.
>
>2)  They need to add new items, to bring a little excitement their
>ageing product line.
>
>3)  They need to do something about the Sales & Marketing department.
>(I suggested a firing squad to Herr Cohn, but he didn't like that
>idea...too messy).

I do not agree. The M6 is unique and wonderful. There are dozens of cameras
out there with loads of buttons and useless (to me) functions. There is now
the Hexar RF which takes M lenses for those that want AE. Leave the M6
alone its the only camera I use which doesn't piss me off in some way.
cheers frank