Subject: Re: [Leica] m6ttl and flash question
From: Robert Clark <rclark@desupernet.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 21:22:16 -0500

Hi Richard:
I am a new Leica owner after studying book after book and ad after ad for
almost two years.  I bought the M6 TTL .72 Chrome with the 50 1.4Summilux.
First I bought the black, then took it back the next day or so and got the
chrome because that's what my heart told me.  I don't have the flash and
probably will not acquire one in the foreseable future, but for my personal
use, the TTL works just fine.  Since this is my first Leica, I had no
preference of the shutter speed dial turning the other way.  With the TTL, it
turns in the direction the LED points in the viewfinder and to me, that's just
dandy.  No regrets at all with the .72 since my next lens will either be a
35mm or 28mm.  I thought the frame lines on the 35mm were too difficult to see
on the .85 which required some optical gymnastics just to see.  The .85 has no
28mm frame lines so that decided it for me.  I am so happy with my selection
and have yet to give the cost a second thought.  Go back and get exactly what
you want...not what others may tell you.  Listen to your heart and you will be
pleased.

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA