Subject: [Leica] Re: Ruby-crowned Kinglet photo
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:37:20 -0800

Doug -

I noticed on your web site that you are using the LightJet printing process.
I just had a 16x20 done by Palmer Digital in Sacramento (the "Millennium
Last Light" photo at Cape Mendocino). The paper is not as good as my super
glossy Ciba/Ilfochrome, but detail and color look good. Do you use Palmer?
After some initial confusion regarding profiles, I think Palmer may on the
way to some good prints for me.

I saw Galen Rowel's LightJet prints in Emeryville a couple months ago and
was very impressed. Have you tried out different kinds of photo paper? I
think Rowel's were done on the costly very glossy stock (around $70 for a
16x20). What do you use to scan the original film?

The LaserJet technology that prints to actual photographic paper is such a
great approach, I hope other LUGgers will appreciate your comments here on
the list (or have you already given some that I missed?).

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger