Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Enlarging problems are not OT
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 18:04:03 -0500

At 02:41 PM 3/4/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina - what do you use for mounting slides? I used to do both the glass
>mounts and the heat-sensitive cardboard mounts. Both processes took enormous
>amounts of time. Do you do contact sheets of negs before or after you mount
>them?

Hi, Gary -

I use a little manual Gepe slide mounter.  It really only takes
seconds.   I clip the film, editing out the bad ones, and lay them out
across the light table with the bottom mounts underneath them.  Then I just
pick them up with the top mount and slip them into the mounter.  I do the
contact sheets digitally after I mount them and sort them by subject.  I
always hated making contact sheets and this is so much easier.  The slides
scan while I'm mounting others.  Now I'm only a year behind instead of 5
years!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com