Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading LTM
From: "steve lehuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 11:04:48 -0500

John,
I did not wish to sound arrogant but loading my 111G so far has been very
trouble free the way I have been doing without trimming the leader anymore
than it already is. I might add that I have all my life had a very delicate
touch with mechanical things and I don't break things: formula race cars,
many years and thousands of laps with very rare breakage; ocean single
handed sailing, thousands of miles in the Atlantic in all kinds of weather
and nothing has ever broken; my Nikons, have never seen service; my MAC
always boots up. So, with all due respect to you and Marc and Sherry some
people are born klutzes and some are blessed with the 'touch'. Loading a
Leica LTM could be tricky but if I were to 'feel' something amiss I would
stop and try a different way. I suspect that the 4" trim rule came from
Leitz antiquity where a Leica 'born klutz' engineer probably had fat
fingers.
Steve
Annapolis