Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V16 #5
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 21:55:24 +0000

>>>Personally, I use KEH as the benchmark for used pricing.  I typically
pay  at least %10 less than KEH buying from an individual.  I'd rather
buy from KEH than pay the same from an individual.  At least with KEH,
they will take it back, no questions asked, if I don't like it, and it
comes with a warranty.<<<

Austin,
Jeez, I don't even LOOK at KEH any more. Their prices are often just
slightly off new prices! In fact I think they drive the whole used
market up unrealistically high, because their prices are so ridiculous
and other dealers use them as a benchmark. I've actually seen used items
(in this case an old Olympus lens) listed for MORE than the best NEW
price I found.

- --Mike