Subject: Re: [Leica] DDDuncan's lenses
From: Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:14:51 -0500

PopPhoto March 1951 page 47 : "Curiously, except for a Summaron wide
angle, he did not use Leitz lenses.  For most of his work he used a 50-mm
f/1.5 Japanese Nikkor lens, but carried with him  and used also 85-mm f/2
and 135-mm f/3.5 Nikkor lenses.....The Nikkor lenses are made for the
Nikon camera, Nipponese version of the German Zeiss Contax incorporating
Leica type shutter, and are manufactured by the Japan Optical Co.,
Ltd..."  Article by  "Bruce Downs"  who was soon to become the PopPhoto
editor and turn it from a photo mag to an equipment mag.
The PopPhoto article February 1951 page 28 says that Horace Bristol
learned about the Nikkor lenses and he and DDD began acquiring them
before the North Korean invasion.

So. According to these articles, everybody who has argued this issue on
LUG is correct in part.
Good luck, Erwin!