Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 height adjustm. & grain focuser
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 08:55:14 -0800

At 10:23 AM +0100 3/2/00, Christer Almqvist wrote:

>I asked a friend who is a professional photographer with several books
>published and also working for national magazines (Yes, he uses an M6 for
>some of this work.) and in advertising, if I should get a grain focuser.
>His reply was: 'Won't help you, your Delta 100/Xtol negatives have no
>grain.'
>
>So I am back to square one. Well, I think I'll adjust the column height to
>22 mm, otherwise all the effort would have been wasted. Or I'll have to
>get a grain focuser and work more with HP5 in Rodinal (or is it Rodinol
>over there?).

I would suggest that you try (borrow first if you can) a grain focusser. My
film exposing/developing technique may be still shy of absolute perfection,
but I have no problem seeing grain in Delta 100/Xtol with my old Micromega
grain focusser (the ancestor of the Peak focusser).

In the end you may or may not see any difference in prints, but with the
grain focusser you can be fairly certain that you've achieved the best
focus plane possible, which is hard otherwise.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com