Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica M6 AE
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:39:08 -0500

> He said that the reason for the TTL M6 wasn't so much TTL, but to
> justify the larger body that was needed to fit the electronics from the
R8.
> He said that the electronics for the M6 meter were no longer available
from
> the manufacturer and Leitz had no option but to use the R8 electronics
for
> the meter.

[Austin] I don't know that I believe that.  How are they going to repair
ALL the M6 non-TTL meters if they can't get any of the electronics?  I
doubt it is patented, and they certainly could just have someone else
'make' them, it isn't rocket science...  If some component went EOL (end of
life) there would more than likely be an available replacement.  That juts
doesn't sound correct to me.