Subject: Re: [Leica] Correct Lens Shade for older Elmar
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 06:56:59 -0700

The original shade for the early 50mm f2.8 Elmar was the ITOOY which was
also known by the code 12580* later on. The later lenses came with 12585
which would be the easiest to find but only came in black.

John Collier

*Lens shades often retained the same code even though they changed. A good
example of this is the shade for the 135mm Hektor (and others) which changed
mount widths but not code. I am not familiar with the ITOOY shade so I can
not say if this happened to it.