Subject: [Leica] On the Trail of the Birch John Society
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 19:16:38 -0700

During the not so current unpleasantness in south-east Asian, quite a few
citizens of USA decided to move to Canada for health reasons. My old home in
south-east British Columbia attracted its fair share of these new "Friends
of the North" and every one got along quite amicably. I do not remember any
political protests if we discount the naked Sons of Freedom women
(Doukhabor) which I strongly suggest you do. However one enterprising chap
or chapette had a sign on their fully functioning outdoor facilities,
clearly visible from the local highway, that said "The Birch John Society".
I am please to see that there actually is such a dyslectic society and I
wonder if it predates this thumbing of the nose in our area during the late
60s?

John Collier