Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 10:32:51 -0800

D Khong wrote:

> Friends
>
> I have just returned from a photo shoot up in the hills of north Thailand.
> The Karen people, whom I photographed, are the largest tribal group of hill
><Snip>
> After having used both systems, I have found that they are complementary.
> Aesthetically, I'd prefer the leica but then that's an emotional matter.
>
> Dan K.

I am very involved with an indigenous Karen person, Karen Rabiner my wife who
lives with me and who shoots with a Leica M6 and who almost clobbered me when I
tried to buy here a Contax instead. Don't try photographing her with your G2
you'll end up for dinner!
Mark Rabiner
Aesthetically and emotionally if I were photographing a rare indigenous
endangered indignant people I would not bring a Contax G2 when I had a Leica to
shoot with. If any situation demanded the quiet dignity and quality of the Leica
system it would seem to be that. Do indigenous peoples respond better to point
and shoots? I think they would respond better to integrity.