Subject: Re: [Leica] primative people and photography
From: "joseph e. hayes" <jeh50@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:49:23 -0800

Neal in Nairobi...

When I wrote that post about "primative" people losing their spirit to
the camera, I was just going back on old stories I had heard...However,
when I was in Santa Fe two years ago, I was told NOT to photograph some
of the Indians who sell their wares near the square...I thought it had
something to do with their believes...

Maybe you are right...they wanted money for their images, but since it
was taboo, I didn't bother to try it...

Joe Hayes
Los Angeles, CA