Subject: Re: [Leica] Migrant Mother sighted--and P.O.'d
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:25:54 -0800

She made whatever salary she drew from the FSA. As a government employee,
her work (along with that of everyone else employed on the FSA project) was
a "work of the United States government" for which there is no copyright.
That was the law under the 1909 Copyright Act, and the 1976 Act didn't
change it. Which is why a print from the archives basically costs you the
cost of reproduction.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.