Subject: Re: [Leica] Strap Length
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:59:25 +0000

on 28/2/00 3:52 pm, Doug Cooper at visigoth@echonyc.com wrote:

> This may seem trivial, but I'm interested in what kind of strap length
> Leica users generally prefer.  The Magnum photographers all seem to wear
> their cameras just above the belt, and this strikes me as ergonomically
> peculiar.  I keep the strap as short as possible, so the that the camera
> doesn't swing about when I'm running, and the distance from chest to eye
> is minimal.  (It sits on my solar plexus, approximately.)

Very short... sits on my chest. If I use a second body I use a much longer
strap with that one. The total length of my main strap is about 32 inches.

However, I never shoot with the camera round my neck.

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
        music:    http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk