Subject: Re: [Leica] The Summicron
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 05:48:15 -0800

Mark:

The only other 50mm Leitz lens that I have ever owned was a Noctilux.  Damn
thing creates light.  However, the 50mm Summicron that I purchased Saturday
has produced some really beautiful negatives.  Also, for me, there is less
frameline confusion with the 50.   I will use this lens a lot.

One of the features missing on the cron is the focusing tab.  It is present
on my 24 and 35.  Do you have any idea why they didn't put this on this
lens?  The focusing tab sure makes it easier to use.

Bob