Subject: Re: [Leica] The Summicron
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:27:54 -0800

rlb wrote:

> In my opinion Mike is correct for all the same reasons.  With the
> availability of fast high quality films the extra stop is just not worth the
> additional $900.
>
> Bob
>
><Snip>
An SLR shooting background makes you think you need the speed when you don't
necessarily. What You need is a groundglass that is the brightness with the most
snap possible. (focusing precision) As this is not the issue with a Leica M and
as you in effect gain at least an F stop of hand holdablity because on no mirror
bouncing and a smooth cloth shutter..
So Summicron is the name of the game with that stodgy solid sounding F stop: F2.
I've learned to more than live with it.
Mark Rabiner