Subject: [Leica] Serial numbers of 90 Summicron
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:27:08 -0500

I have seen several used 90mm Summicrons listed on eBay as the more recent
pre-Asph models, but their serial numbers have been in the 26xxxxx and
28xxxxx range, well below the cut-off of 2997xxx which Erwin Puts designates
for the high number of the oldest (larger) version. Can anyone confirm that
Mr.
Puts's number is not a misprint?  Unlikely, I know, and I am only asking
because I think I have seen the descriptive discrepancy more than once.

Thanks, as always............Julian