Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux v Sumilux 50 (was 35 ASPH...)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:34:16 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> It is
>
> >> [Austin] What vignetting?  I am also curious why you say it's sharper?
> >> don't have a 50/1.4, but it would be hard to believe it's sharper...but
> >> perhaps it is...
>
> > Austin I was talking about the 35 summilux (see subject line in my post)
> > and the note in the snipped part of my message above pointing out that it
> > is wider. I did not mention a 50/1.4 once.
>
> [Austin] I am sorry, my misunderstanding.  Thank you for clarifying that.
>
> > The noctilux vignettes much more than the 35 aspherical
> > The 35 aspherical is noticeably sharper.
>
> [Austin] Guess I'll just have to get a 35 ASPH 1.4 and see for my self.  I
> looked at Erwin's site, and I can't find any MTF figures for the 35, (if
> you know where they are, please pass the info along) but I know people who
> have a 35 ASPH have had nothing but good things to say about it, as well as
> his (Erwin's) evaluation, which is resounding.

I've done my best night time street shooting at F11.
I make sure the Lock on my cable release works and I set the alarm on my watch.
Oh! and I use a tripod.
To each his own! I like getting the foreground in focus. I like the textures on everything.
I like people who can hold REAL still.
Mark Rabiner