Subject: Re: [Leica] Hektor 135/4.5 questions
From: "Andrew Moore" <moore@rscs.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:28:00 -0500

> Andrew, normally all the Hector lens heads fit on to any Hector focussing
> tube. That is the tread should be the same. It is therefore possible that
> the focussing tube you have is a later Elmar 135 tube.

This is possible.  The thread thread may or may not be the same, but
there's definately a flange inside the tube that keeps the Hektor head from
being inserted -- it wouldn't even reach the threads to begin coupling.

> Does that mean, it has about  a 2" black vulcanite band near the
> camera end? The focussing part and front is silver?

Yes but the black vulcanite part is 1.5 inches long.

Thanks for the information.  I'm planning on sending the lens head to
Sherry anyway, so maybe she can make the focusing adjustment.

> > You'll either need to purchase the 36mm slipon to 39mm screw adapter
> > he code is: SOOGZ or 13154

I just realized I have one.  It works great.

> I assume you have a Visoflex 2 or 3 with the Bellows 2. A good setup.

It's a Visoflex 1 with Bellows 1.  I've been using the M6 body with it, and
the TTL metering is very useful especially when the bellows is extended
alot.  But I just came across an M3 that I fell in love with, so the M6
might go.  It's time to get used to doing metering calculations...!

Thanks for all the information.  You've been a big help.

- --Andrew