Subject: [Leica] Re.: 15mm M6 or 15mm R8 which one?
From: "Otto J. Anshus" <otto@cs.uit.no>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:17:38 +0100

Ted,

> OK I'm not going to tell you right now, you folks tell me why you think
> I picked the M6 over the R8? Man this is so simple I bet the first
> response will have it. What do you win?

Because on the M6 you can wrap your right hand around the body of the camera
and use your thumb to press the shutter. The pay off: you don't have to bend
your back to take pictures close to the ground, and you don't need a ladder
to take pictures above your head. The R8 (and the Nikon F5) is too big to do
this as easily or naturally as you can with the M.

> Well Ok lets make this interesting. :)  I'll send a copy of my book,
> "This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler" along with the
> "Photographers Supplement" to the winner, where ever he or she lives in
> the world!

I'm in Norway at 70 degress north :-)

> ted

Otto