Subject: [Leica] newton rings on focomat 1c
From: "FB" <frederik.boone@harol.be>
Date: 25 Feb 2000 09:02:42 +0200

I recently bought an old focomat 1c enlarger whith the focotar lens.
It is a real pleasure to work with but I have a problem with
newtonrings. This is caused by the condensor which has no anti-newton
layer and has direct contact with the negative.
Leitz used to have anti-newton glas which is discontinued.
I tried to avoid contact between the negative and the condensor by
masking the 24x36mm image with tape but it did not work.
Is someone familiar with this problem ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your tips.
Greetings,
Frederik Boone