Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux pictures
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:17:51 -0800

Mike Gil wrote:

> I have gone over the financial and technical information regarding the
> purchase of a Noctilux and it makes sense on paper to purchase one.  What is
> holding me back are two things, one which one should I purchase the one with
> or without the lens hood.  The second thing is I like to see more pictures
> taken with this incredible lense to see its full potential.  Does some one
> have links to pictures taken with this monster and does some one have
> pictures of this lense to put as wallpaper, so my decision to purchase can
> be more made.>>>>>

Hi Mike,

I have to tell you, that you can look at all the Noctilux pictures you
want, but until you put it on the camera and see what "you can do with it"
are you really going to know if it's your kind of lens or not.

You've read the wisdom of Tina and maybe a few others, but until you
have that mama on the M model whatever you're using, are you going to
really know.

My advice?  "Go for it!" You can't lose simply because if you don't like
it, you just sell it. But if you get it, I bet you'll never part with it
if you are an adventuresome photographer.

ted