Subject: Re: [Leica] Etc.-tol
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:35:40 +0100

Yes, that is what the documentation says. I think Neutol plus diluted 1+9
keeps much longer than that - if kept in full, tightly closed, brown glass
bottles. Generally I have found the working solution to keep for three
sessions, irrespective of how much time passes between them, if stored
properly.  What kills the stuff is the time it is kept in an open tray. I
have found it helpful to put an empty tray on top of the solution in the
tray (both trays same size) if  you interrupt your work. That keeps the air
away and reduces oxidation. Anyway Neutol plus gets so ugly brown when it
gets bad that you are in no doubt when it has happened.