Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Image Quality in Cyber Space
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:38:59 -0800

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Joe Codispoti wrote:
> >
> > Could someone explain to me the process by which the quality of the photo in
> > the URL below is possible?
> > http://www.nikon.co.jp/press/2000/image/s3_s.jpg
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Joseph
>
> The back of the camera is completely parallel to the camera but the shot is from
> above as there is not a trace of convergence.
> So it was shot with a view camera probably.
> Sheet film probably. 4x5 would be my guess.
> Some 4x5 Leicas are the Linhoff Master Techniquea, Wista, and Speed Graphic.
> You focus with the rangefinder and look through the little window or wire frames
> and take the picture. Click
> But you make sure you remembered to take the dark slide out and cock the shutter.
>         And so on.
>                 I'm up for it!!!!
> Mark Rabiner

Clarification of the above first sentence.
The back of the camera depicted in the photograph is completely parallel to the
back of camera that was taking the picture.
I know this is true because this was shot from a slightly raised position and it
therefore indicates a moveable back, a view camera.
Sorry folks, I don't always communicate.
Mark Rabiner
The sides of the Nikon depicted are completely parallel with the sides of the
image. Sheet film.