Subject: Re: [Leica] Etc.-tol
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:18:13 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

> acid instead of hydroquinone in conjunction and a form of Phenidone
> instead of Metol.
> And I'm pretty sure that's what Neutol is.<<<
>
> Nope. Regular ol' MQ.
>
> --Mike

I'm sorry. Neutol plus. Perhaps you are thinking of Neutol WA.
Neutol plus says Isoascorbic acid sodium salt right on the bottle.

From Agfa press release:
"With Neutol plus, Agfa is presenting a new black-and-white paper developer at
Photokina. This developer contains no hydroquinone."

Lasts all day!:
They are claiming 80 prints per liter when diluted 1/9. That's a print for every
1.25 mls of straight from the bottle developer.
800 prints per liter bottle as you buy it from the store! About a penny a print.
Must be Phenidone cause Metol don't shake like that!
Dektol gives you about a print an once from my experience.
That's 32 prints per liter of Dektol verses
800 prints per liter of Neutol
That makes Neutol exactly 25 times more efficient than Dektol if all is true.
What if it's only 12? :)
And I am liking the quality.
My personal experience as to the real quality and efficiently of the developer
is so far very minimal. But I think it is looking promising.
If the quality was not up to par with Dektol I'd go back to Dektol despite the
efficiency issue. But the blacks I've gotten on my first short batch of
multigrade FB prints are killer.
I just wanna know a substitute formula.
Mark Rabiner